A comfort food for the family, this casserole recipe. They’ll have Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole full of cream, bacon, and cheddar cheese. All the yummy things they can’t resist. And you’ll do the cooking easily.
Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole Recipe
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time : 1 hour 40 minutes
- Servings : 2 people
- 2 medium-sized potatoes (peeled), cut into pieces
- 230 g (8 oz.) skinless chicken breasts (boneless), cut into dices
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, cut into pieces (As alternative, use 2 stripes regular bacon. You’ll need to precook them until crisp.)
- 1 stalk scallion (the green part only), cut into small rounds
- 1.42 g (1/4 tsp.) salt
- 3.7 g (1/2 heaped tsp.) sugar
- 3 heavy dashes ground black pepper
- 60 g (1/4 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (heaped)
- 4 tsps. butter (unsalted), cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (176° C). Take your baking pan and grease the surface butter or oil.
- Into the whipping cream, add the salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir lightly until combine well.
- Spread the potatoes on the baking pan. Then add chicken, spread it in a layer. Sprinkle the layers with bacon, butter. Don’t forget to add with half part of the cheddar cheese and scallions.
- Lastly, pour the heavy cream over the layers and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour and then remove the cover.
- Bake again for another 30 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese in the last 10 minutes.
- Continue bake until the cheese is slightly crusty and remove from the oven.